Thursday

Finally made it to Justus Drugstore

I think I'm the last Kansas Citian to make the journey north to Justus Drugstore. I'm glad I did. It may have been the best dinning experience I've had in this city, or Smithville (you know what I mean).

Here is my lengthy review...... If you can eat solid food get your ass up there. Bring patience and people you really enjoy, it's a three hour tour.

Here a quote from the front of their menu.

"Cooking is not about convenience and it's not about shortcuts...... Our hunger for the twenty-minute gourmet meal, for a one-pot ease and prewashed, precut ingredients has severed our lifeline to the satisfactions of cooking. Take your time. Take a long time. Move slowly and deliberately and with great attention.."
~ Thomas Keller
Chef Owner, French Laundry

No comments: